top of page

Pilot Courses

Tailwheel Adventures offers flight training programs for the following certificates and endorsements:

Private Pilot lesson Certificate Tailwheel Adventures Orlando Apopka Florida 7-kcab Citabria
Private Pilot

This is the first step to freedom! You will begin your training in the front of our beautiful 7-KCAB Citabria and will never look back. At the end of the course you will be a licensed pilot with your tailwheel endorsement, which is included in the course, but perhaps even more importantly you'll have the skill-set and confidence to go out flying safely by yourself.



- Be at least 17 years of age

- Be able to read, speak, and understand the English language

- Obtain at least a current third-class medical certificate

- Receive a minimum of 40 hours of flight time including training and solo flight

- Pass a knowledge test as well as the practical test

Citabria Bellenca Commercial pilot Flight Lessons Florida requirements instrument rating hours aircraft
Commercial Pilot

Once you've completed your Private Pilot Certificate, built some time, and visited our partner to complete your instrument rating, you'll be ready to begin the Commercial Pilot course.


- 250 hours of flight time, 100 hours of which must be in powered aircraft, and 50 must be in airplanes

- 100 hours of pilot-in-command time, 50 of which must be in airplanes

- 50 hours of cross-country time, 10 of which must be in an airplane

- 20 hours of training, including 10 of instrument, 10 of complex or TAA, and a smattering of cross-country and practical test preparation

- 10 hours of solo training, including a smattering of cross-country and night

Certified Flight Instructor flight airplane plane lessons 7-kcab citabria ATP certificate red hot chili peppers
CFI (Certified Flight Instructor)

Becoming a CFI is how many pilots take their flying to the next level. They do this by passing on their knowledge to their students and build time in the process to put towards their dream job at the airlines or perhaps that crop-dusting job or banner towing job that requires a certain amount of tailwheel time. In this course you will learn how to fly our 7-KCAB Citabria from the back and learn how to pass on your knowledge effectively.


- Be at least 18 years of age

- Hold a Commercial Pilot Certificate or ATP Certificate

- Must hold a valid FAA 3rd Class Medical Certificate

- Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language

- Pass two knowledge tests as well as the practical test


Are you ready to take your flying to places you've never even dreamed were possible? Or perhaps you'd just like to experience this as a one off flight or for a birthday gift. All you need to experience aerobatics is the hunger for adventure. If you're a pilot and you're wanting to do the full aerobatic course I would recommend that you have at least a Private Pilot Certificate. The course will include such maneuvers as the loop, aileron roll, barrel roll, split-s, Immelmann, 4-point & 8-point rolls, half-roll-reverse, slow roll, wingover, hammerhead, and the infamous avalanche!  



- If you're wanting to do a one-off aerobatic flight for fun then there are NO REQUIREMENTS!

- For the full aerobatic course you need at least a Private Pilot Certificate

Aerobatic lessons Florida school private pilot certificate tailwheel adventures florida
tailwheel endorsement lesson flight tailwheel adventures Orlando florida Apopka
Tailwheel Endorsement

Our tailwheel endorsement typically takes 10 hours depending on experience level and recency of experience. I've had many people come to me after obtaining their tailwheel endorsement in 3 hours from other schools asking me to actually teach them how to fly tailwheel airplanes. Once you complete your tailwheel endorsement with us you will be able to rent our airplanes for time-building or pleasure flights. You will obtain your tailwheel endorsement automatically if you complete your Private Pilot Certificate, Commercial Pilot Certificate, or CFI with us. It is a one-time endorsement which does not expire.



- You will obtain this endorsement as a Student Pilot before you solo if you do not have at least a Private Pilot Certificate

- 3pt & wheel landings

- Fast taxi

- Crosswind takeoffs & landings

- Aborted takeoff

bottom of page